Logical Reasoning Ability Test : Coding And Decoding QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS :: part1 : 11 to 15
11. In a certain code language, QUEUE is written as Q 22, and CHURCH is written as 1UR1. Which of the following would be most appropriate code for BANANA in that language?
ANSWER : B55A
Explanation : . Similar pairs of letters have been given the same numeric in each word. As a result pair UE in word QUEUE has been coded 2, pair CH has been coded 1 and likewise the pair AN has been coded 5. Hence, the word BANANA would be coded as B55A.
12. In a certain code, GIGANTIC is written as GIGTANCI. How is MIRACLES written in that code?
ANSWER : MIRLACSE
Explanation : . First three letter of the word are kept as they are sixth letter comes at fourth place shifting fourth and fifth letters to fifth and sixth places, respectively and the last two letters are exchanged.
13. If PORTER is written as QNSSFQ, then BRIGHT would be coded as
ANSWER : CQJFIS
Explanation : . Letters at the odd places in the coded word are one letter ahead of the respective letters of the basic word, and letters at the even places in the coded word are one letter back of the respective letters as their positions in the alphabet.
14. In a certain code, GOODNESS is coded as HNPCODTR. How is GREATNESS coded in that code?
ANSWER : HQFZUMFRT
Explanation : . Letters at odd places in the coded word are one letter ahead of the letters in the basic word, and letters at even places are one letter behind of the letters in the basic word as their positions in the alphabet.
15. In a certain code, EXPLAINING is written as PXEALNIGNI. How is PRODUCED written in that code?
|None of these|
ANSWER : None of these
Explanation : . In the coded word, first three letters are reversed, then next two letters are reversed, then again two letters are reversed, and finally three letters are reversed. Hence, PRODUCED will be coded as ORPUDDEC.
More Coding And Decoding QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS available in next pages
Health is the greatest gift, contentment is the greatest wealth -Buddha