- A candidate must have passed in final examination of 10+2 (Class XII) or its equivalent qualifying examination. Those appearing in 10+2 (Class XII) final or equivalent examination in 2013 may also appear in JEE MAIN 2013 provisionally.
- Candidates who are aspirants for NITs, IIITs, CFTIs , IITs and ISM Dhanbad - for one or more than one of them - must confirm to the eligibility criteria of the relevant institutions.
- Candidates are allowed maximium of 3 consecutive attempts.
- For JEE MAIN 2013, candidates who passed +2 exam in 2011 or2012 or appearing in +2 in 2013 are only eligible to appear.
The relevant qualifying examinations are :
- The +2 level examination in the 10+2 pattern of examination of any recognized Central/State Board of Secondary Examination, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi, and Council for Indian School Certificate Examination, New Delhi
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board/University.
- Final Examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
- Any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or in foreign countries recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 system.
- H.S.C. Vocational Examination.
- A pass grade in the Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects.
- 3 or 4-year diploma recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education.
Failure defeats losers, failure inspires winners.-Robert T. Kiyosaki