CORE JAVA INTERVIEW QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
101. What is the purpose of the System class?
The purpose of the System class is to provide access to system resources.
102. Which TextComponent method is used to set a TextComponent to the read-only state?
103. How are the elements of a CardLayout organized?
The elements of a CardLayout are stacked, one on top of the other, like a deck of cards.
104. Is &&= a valid Java operator?
No, it is not.
105. Name the eight primitive Java types.
The eight primitive types are byte, char, short, int, long, float, double, and boolean.
106. Which class should you use to obtain design information about an object?
The Class class is used to obtain information about an object's design.
107. What is the relationship between clipping and repainting?
When a window is repainted by the AWT painting thread, it sets the clipping regions to the area of the window that requires repainting.
108. Is "abc" a primitive value?
The String literal "abc" is not a primitive value. It is a String object.
109. What is the relationship between an event-listener interface and an event-adapter class?
An event-listener interface defines the methods that must be implemented by an event handler for a particular kind of event. An event adapter provides a default implementation of an event-listener interface.
110. What restrictions are placed on the values of each case of a switch statement?M/
During compilation, the values of each case of a switch statement must evaluate to a value that can be promoted to an int value.